So many of you read my rant about people thinking I am a teenage mother. Well, I thought I was going to do as some of you suggested and take it with a grain of salt and see it as a compliment. But today, it just irritated me again! I don't mind looking young. In fact, I think that is a valuable trait and I thank my mother and grandmother for it. They both look younger than they are, but I don't want people looking at me like I'm seventeen and got knocked up by my stupid boyfriend. Today I was checking out of a self checkout in Wal-Mart and the guy behind me was buying wine. The belt moved the wine up and underneath his laugh he said, "oh sorry, that's not yours, you're not old enough to drink wine!" Excuse me!!! Okay, not that I want to drink wine cause I don't but I don't even look old enough to drink wine? While holding Avery I said in a laughing manor of course, "I'm not old enough to drink wine? I'm almost 28." His jaw dropped as he said "you are not!" I laughed and said "Yep, that's right, I'm on my way to 30. Does that shock you?"
"Yes it does!" He said, jaw still on the floor. What in the world? I mean I want to look young but seriously I don't want people thinking I'm in high school. This is crazy!! Am I being crazy? Can I at least look 21 for crying out loud?!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!



6 comments:
I would've been super irritated too. First, what right does anyone have to make comments like that when they don't even know you, second, they're just jealous that they don't, and never have, looked that cute when they were your age.
I totally agree with Kati, how RUDE! I would have been totally irritated to! Did he think you were babysitting Avery or something?!
That is lame. You are one hot mama and no matter what anyone says or thinks I love ya and that's all that matters! :)
I might be the only one here that thinks that guys comment was awesome. If someone wanted to card me for alcohol I might kiss them. I say be flattered while you can.
I looked young when I first had Gavin...but don't you worry your kids will age you soon enough.
Plus...you probably made that guy feel like an idiot. So you get the last laugh anyways!
I wouldn't take it personally....seriously look at 16 year olds and they look like they are 12 or even younger these days. I think as we get older teenagers look younger and younger and that is probably what that guy was thinking. They just forget. I do feel for you, though. I feel so stupid sometimes walking in to the store with two kids and my big prego belly and people staring at me like I am so young and crazy. And when I am not with my kids and people ask if this is my first baby I tell them no I have two others they are shocked! Oh well, if we lived in Utah it would be different, right?
I get this all the time too. Anytime we are in a casino we know that I am going to get carded. Awhile back we were waiting in line to eat in Mesquite, and the security chick asked me for my ID, and I was 7 years older than she was....thats right 7!! The stinkin guard was like 21...I have come to laugh about it now.I have also been asked where my parents were when stupid salesmen comes to my door. I always say: "I am the mom, can I help you?" Their jaws drop and it is just awkward. So now that I am getting closer to 30, I love it!!
Post a Comment