>

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If you're anything like me........

If you're anything like me and you are desperately trying to sneak more veggies in your diet, I have a recipe for you. Now, keep in mind it has veggies in it so it's not going to taste like Olive Garden or anything but it's pretty good and if you want a protein boost after a good work out, it will do that too, with little fat and calories. This recipe I got from a pharmacist that I used to work with.( Oh I miss and love her so...) I have been making it for about three years now and Erik and I love it. It goes great with a salad, more veggies, or whatever your little heart desires.

Turkey Burgers
1 lb of ground turkey
1 green bell pepper diced
1 red bell pepper diced
a handful of mushrooms diced
1 or 2 cloves of garlic diced (depending on how much you like or none at all if you wish)
half a bundle of green onions diced
salt and pepper to taste
a couple of teaspoons of soy sauce (eye ball it and decide how much you want)

I like to dice all the vegetables in my food processor. You definitely don't have to, you can just dice them by hand. However, don't add the green onions to the processor, just dice those separate. Mix all together with turkey and mold into patties. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Serve with teriyaki sauce drizzled on top. These are good and guilt free!! My fav!!!
If anyone tries these, you'll have to let me know!!

4 comments:

A said...

sounds good, i'll try it. I made something similar once but this sounds better!

Kati said...

I would love to make that, but Josh won't eat ground turkey. My boys wouldn't know the difference. Any suggestions on how I can get Josh to try it?

The Foisy's said...

You can do ground chicken too. Tastes the same as the turkey and sometimes it's a little cheaper. Seriously, they taste way better than they sound. I use both and I love them!

The Foisy's said...

You can do ground chicken too. Tastes the same as the turkey and sometimes it's a little cheaper. Seriously, they taste way better than they sound. I use both and I love them!

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!