>

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Military couples retreat!!

This past weekend the army hosted a couples retreat out at Lake Las Vegas and everything was FREE!! (well not for them but for us anyway) They paid for our room for two nights, our food and even our gas out there, which wasn't much but seriously, EVERYTHING was paid for. My sister came up and watched Avery for a couple days and Erik and I got to spend a weekend alone. It was so fun! There were a few hours of classes that help to strengthen marriages and whether any marriages were in distress or not, it was helpful for everyone. It mostly talked about the differences in men and women. It was awesome. It was called, Laugh Your Way to a Happy Marriage, if anyone is interested and wants to look it up. It gave both Erik and I a better understanding of why we are the way we are. I appreciate and understand him so much more than I did before and that was quite a bit! We spent an hour on the lake in a pedal boat. Yeah, not the coolest thing ever. That dang thing was so slow, it took us the whole hour just to go maybe a mile. Whatever, it was fun to hangout with our friends the Manuele's so I'd pedal that dang thing again to hangout with them.

9 comments:

Lara said...

Still jealous...but glad you guys had fun! We loved it when we were out there, it is one of our special places, we were super excited you guys got to experience it!

Chante said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Lucky for you guys that you got a little free vacation without the kiddo! I am jealous and need that!

Kati said...

That's looks fun. I can't wait until Jaedyn is old enough so Josh and I can do things like that. We really need to get away from reality for a while!

Unguren said...

How lovely. A weekend all by your selves for free. Nice.

The problem with paddle boats is you always think they are going to be fun...and they just aren't.

A said...

How fun is that! Bet it was a wonderful free weekend. Love that they do that for the military!

Bromleys said...

Oh, that looks like fun! I might just be motivated to try to get Josh on a date... well, maybe when Ruby's older.

Kasidee said...

FUN! I'm so jealous I wish we could have gone. James will supposedly be in the Las Vegas unit soon so maybe next year!

McKinna said...

oh I love Lake Las Vegas! we had our fam pics done there- so many cool scenery places! It's beautiful.

Andrea said...

I LOVE Lake LV!!! Weird how it's virtually in the middle of NO WHERE!! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and attended some good classes. I love stuff like that!

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!