>

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HBO's big love controversy!

I have received mass emails regarding the Big Love issue and although it bothers me to no end that HBO would be so insensitive to the practices of what we as members of the church hold sacred, I can only say that we need to stand tall and upright. We can get angry yes, we can write letters and boycott their various affiliates yes, but the persecution of what we believe will never end and it is what we do with our faith that matters. I received an email this morning with an article from the LDS news room and what stuck out to me the most was this,The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an institution does not call for boycotts. Such a step would simply generate the kind of controversy that the media loves and in the end would increase audiences for the series. As Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Robert D. Hales of the Council of the Twelve Apostles have both said recently, when expressing themselves in the public arena, Latter-day Saints should conduct themselves with dignity and thoughtfulness.
I agree that this it is disturbing but ridicule is what occurs when people are doing what is right. Christ was ridiculed, Joseph Smith was ridiculed. Remember the acts of these people are done merely out of ignorance. They don't know what we believe in, they don't know the true value of temple work and I'm sure they will depict it inaccurately but we have to continue to stand tall and heed to the council of our leaders. The church is perfect, we know that. Stay strong!
To read the whole article go to newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma

2 comments:

Kati said...

I had just read this article yesterday and as it also disturbed me, I totally agree with you. I am teaching my children to just keep being nice to people no matter how rude or offensive they are to you, but I can't wait until we don't have to deal with it anymore.

McKinna said...

I agree!!

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!