>

Monday, June 23, 2008

Life in Las Vegas Update!!

A few people have been asking me how life is in Las Vegas. Our last post, wasn't too positive. So, I thought I'd better give an update. We are doing really well. We're getting excited for our house to be built which is supposed to be done in September! Hmm, we'll see. They haven't even started, but they claim that when they do, it only takes 90 days. So, my thoughts are they better hurry! We've drove by our lot and they are conditioning the ground and getting ready to dig. We are really looking forward to having a house again. Plus, we love the stuff we've picked out for it. Apartments are kind of rough! Lets just say I can hear our neighbors going pee! EEEWWW!! I do love having the pool though! That is so nice when it's a hundred plus degrees outside. Erik is getting so excited to go to dental school. He still has a little ways to go but he attended this dental thing this past weekend. He got to drill, fill cavities and all sorts of stuff. He absolutely loved it. That makes being here worth while. If he is going to love being a dentist, than I know its worth it for a few years. The shopping is awesome here and I have two great friends that live close, Nicole and Shauni. Our ward is great. It's a really young ward, with lots and lots of kids. Because both of us have family in St. George, we find ourselves there often. I love it though because it still just feels like home. Things are going great for us. Avery is growing like a weed, Erik is working his fanny off, and I am dabbling in some fun things. Life is pretty good!

12 comments:

ashley said...

K I want to pinch your little girls cheeks! I am glad you are doing better with your new little adventure. A new place is quite an adjustment but I am sure building a house will keep ya busy! Hey I went private so send me your email and I will send you an invite! ashlake@gmail.com

A said...

I am glad to hear you are loving it there and that things are going well! I am soooo excited for Ellie's 4th of july and 24th of july hair clips! You are the best. Thank you so so much for spending time to make her some. I totally owe you! You are awesome. Thanks. I'll let you know when I receive them :)

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great. I know what you mean about apartments. We can hear everything above us and if my husband didn't work here we would definitely be living somewhere a little quieter. Well you have such a cute family and I am happy for you guys and for your exciting things to come.

Linds said...

Yay!!! I am so glad that things are going good for ya in good ol LV! I was a little worried after the "1st Vegas Post!" Anyways I'm so excited to see ya this weekend! If you need a place to stay..your more than welcome to stay here! Just let me know!

Nicole said...

I told you it's not so bad here, it just takes a little time to get use to it. We are so glad you guys moved here, we love hang out!

Laura said...

Hey Savannah- I found your Blog on one of my friends, your baby is so CUTE!! Just wanted to say hi!

jaesi said...

what? you dont like listening to your neighbors pee?
I didnt know you were going to build...sweet.

Lacei Child said...

K, when you come in August -We better get a call!- Samantha & Avery would have a blast! I love our new home, but I am so bored without my sister & family! Avery is a DOLL!

Chante said...

So glad all is well! I don't know if we are coming now around the fourth! Bummer...a lot is going on that I don't want to get into detail about but we are just busy busy right now. I hope to come sometime so I will let you know!

Andrea said...

Glad to know your adapting to Vegas life well. Give it time living in a new place always take awhile to get used to. You guys look great! And Avery is adorable as always!

Lyndsi said...

That is so sick you can hear your neighbors go to the bathroom! I'm glad you guys are liking it more and that you have friends down there. I'm sure it makes it a lot better! I love the tutu's and bows. I wish I knew how to do that stuff! Good luck with everything!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I miss seeing you! Avery is so cute! Let me know your e-mail address
josie@southwestvision.org

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!