This post may seem like it should have occurred a while ago, but we have finally taken the front of Avery's crib off and she is officially a "big" girl! We waited because 1- She never climbed out until recently so why would we right? 2- She started to climb out but only did it when she woke up in the morning, so no big deal. I liked having the front on cause she could still get out but also, I knew she wasn't going to fall out. Well we purchased her actual twin bed and it will be delivered this Saturday! I'm so excited so we thought we better get her ready for that. Last night was the first night the front was off and we've discovered her attachment to her crib. While Erik was taking it off she kept saying, "don't break it daddy!" It was kind of funny. Then, we tried to put a rail on it and she said, "No, don't put that on there!" so we thought well, we'll just put some fluffy stuff on the floor then and see how she does. She did great! I of course didn't sleep well cause I was so worried my sweet girl would fall out and be scared. I checked on her at 1:00 A.M. and witnessed her almost fall out but she caught her self and went right back to sleep. Erik checked on her this morning and she was snoozing like a champ. She came into my room at 7:30 and all was well. This has been a pretty smooth transition! Let's hope it stays that way!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Officially a BIG GIRL!!!
This post may seem like it should have occurred a while ago, but we have finally taken the front of Avery's crib off and she is officially a "big" girl! We waited because 1- She never climbed out until recently so why would we right? 2- She started to climb out but only did it when she woke up in the morning, so no big deal. I liked having the front on cause she could still get out but also, I knew she wasn't going to fall out. Well we purchased her actual twin bed and it will be delivered this Saturday! I'm so excited so we thought we better get her ready for that. Last night was the first night the front was off and we've discovered her attachment to her crib. While Erik was taking it off she kept saying, "don't break it daddy!" It was kind of funny. Then, we tried to put a rail on it and she said, "No, don't put that on there!" so we thought well, we'll just put some fluffy stuff on the floor then and see how she does. She did great! I of course didn't sleep well cause I was so worried my sweet girl would fall out and be scared. I checked on her at 1:00 A.M. and witnessed her almost fall out but she caught her self and went right back to sleep. Erik checked on her this morning and she was snoozing like a champ. She came into my room at 7:30 and all was well. This has been a pretty smooth transition! Let's hope it stays that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!



3 comments:
She is getting too big! It's fun to watch them change and grow, but it's also a little sad, too.
It was so fun to hang out with you when you were here, I wish we lived closer to eachother!
SO cute! LOVE the bed!
Cute pic! You are so lucky she stays in bed!
Post a Comment