>

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Terrible twos. Terrible for her or me?

Little miss Avery is embarking upon her second birthday and with that new adventure, there have been many changes, and I wish I could say those changes are for the better but unfortunately she has developed a rotten streak! Now in her defense, she is late at teething and is now at this very moment getting all four eye teeth. So, I am crossing my fingers and hoping that will explain her sudden need to be rotten. She has always been a whiner but now the whining has increased ten fold. Her tantrums occur on an hourly basis and her nap and bed time are a constant battle. Her continuous crying has caused my brain to want to hemorrhage!! She hates poop in her diaper and takes it upon her self to try and get it out. She has an interest in the potty but only after she has already gone. She comes up to me, says "potty," but I quickly discover she has already went. I put her on the potty, she just sits there forever then has a complete come apart when I take her off. I loath the kicking that occurs with every tantrum! I have found myself sticking her in time out so often and just plain old being frustrated with her that I can hardly enjoy any time with her and that makes me sad. Please don't tell me three is worse cause I have heard that more times than I think I can handle right now. She is testing my patience so regularly that I'm starting to believe I no longer have any. Any words of wisdom will help. Please just tell me this is a phase, and that I haven't lost my once sweet girl to the dark side!

8 comments:

The Mursets said...

Hang in there. It will get better.I think at every age there are times like this. The time outs are good- so that you can take a breather. Good Luck!

Josie said...

Oh Savannah! I totally feel for you! I am certain it is a phase, and I'm certain there will be many phases over the next 2 years. I think all kids are so different there is no "cure all" method. Just try a few things and see what works for her personality. If it makes you feel any better, after hearing how girls are always easier to potty train- Madi just recently potty trained at 3 1/2! And with a lot of difficulty! (Pierson was easily trained at 2 1/2) Just remember to look at her and bask in the sweetness when she is asleep! Seriously, I have decided that is why the Lord made our bodies to need so much sleep. So we could survive our children. Good Luck!

McAllister's said...

I wish I had words of encouragement, Makell is not even over the whining phase. Sometimes I find myself just letting them cry it out and letting them throw fits, I just ignore it anymore!

Mandie said...

I am going through the same thing right now! Graci is a nightmare! As I was reading your post, it felt like I was reading my day to day. She as well fights us with naps and bedtimes.. and tells me "potty" after she has already gone! She throws tantrum after tantrum- throwing herself on the floor! So I am praying it is just the age! My son did not do this. It must be a girl thing!

The Dabo's said...

Hehehe. Welcome to the club. All I have to say is that Three's are so much worse! So good luck with that. No, just remember kids go through so many phases and this phase will be gone before you know it and another will come. Life would be so boring without these stinkers.

Amanda said...

Girl, just stick with it. It seems like I am always going through one phase or another with one of my kids. This too shall pass!!! :) You are a great mom, no worries...she isn't wrotten, just beauiful!!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

easton is already there so i am totally feeling you on this one;( it is so hard and so testing of emotions and patience. they get better but then there is another stage! its a constant power struggle.just stick to your guns and try to discipline the same way and not give in when you are tired or upset. they grow out of it eventually!

Chante said...

Don't you just wish you could scream and hide for hours! You can't ever get away, huh? Brec is going through the "phase" of screaming and crying all the time and wanting to be held.....are you kidding me! I don't want two newborns when that time comes.....and I am sorry to hear about icky poop! Ava always went poop in her diaper and then told me she needed to use the potty so that is totally normal. She will eventually learn on that one. Good luck....like everyone else has said, they will change and it is just a "phase" (I try to keep telling myself that).

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!