>

Friday, May 2, 2008

Life in Las Vegas!!

Ok, so we are officially here and it has been a rough start. We got here a week ago and basically we cleaned our old house until two in the morning, and got here Friday morning at like 7:00 am. Erik had to work so when we arrived, he basically dropped me and Aves off and headed out. I had never seen this condo before, and there was no T.V. or anything put away. He left and I cried. It felt so strange to be in an unfamiliar place and a strange city. I had no desire to unpack in a silent house. So my friend Nicole came to my rescue. Oh let me explain why I had never seen this place. Up until like a week and a half ago, we had no place to go. Because we are building, we have to rent for six months. Time was running out so while Erik was down here working, he found one to rent. Anyways, Nicole and I went out to lunch, shopped and hung out. She is my savior!! When Erik got home, we were excited to spend the night getting our house put together. We had no food so we ran to Smith's, we had Avery strapped in her car seat and placed up on the cart. As we headed for the car, Erik and I were looking both ways and all of a sudden, I hear a crash. I looked down and Avery's car seat had fallen out of the cart and face planted onto the pavement!! We were mortified. We have no idea how it happened. So for all you moms, make sure the car seat is clicked into the cart. However, not all carts allow the car seat to click in so it can be unstable. Any way a bystander called 911 and the ambulance came. We took her to the E.R. which was basically in the ghetto, we waited for hours and finally she was seen. They took X-rays and all was well. I felt so bad for her, and we felt like awful parents. We got home at 2:00am and all of us were exhausted. Saturday, we got our house put together and Sunday night, our Lexus got broken into. They took nothing, and didn't harm the car. I was grateful for that. After all that, things are going ok. It definitely takes some getting used to, but we're getting there.

19 comments:

The Mursets said...

Oh My! That is so crazy. I hope your life here gets better. I cried when we moved here too (even though I grew up here)- I just didn't want to come back. But it has been better then I expected. We should totally get together. Let us know if you need anything!

Amanda said...

Rough start, but that is just the way life goes isn't it?? Well I guess you can just look at it as things can only go up from here...haha!! I am glad things are going well. Lucky you, to get a brand new house it a few months! Good luck with everything!! Keep in touch!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Hey, you guys are the cutest family ever! I love keeping up on what is going on in your life. I'm glad your little baby Avery is ok, so scary! Good luck in Vegas.
PS Every time I drive by your house I'm sad you are gone. I think Aaron thinks I'm crazy because I tell him I'm sad. I admit,I am a little/lot CRAZY!

A said...

Oh my goodness! How scary and crazy. Hopefully things will settle down a bit in the next few weeks for you. I am glad that nothing serious happened to Avery! That had to be the scariest thing ever!!!!

McAllister's said...

I am so sad that you had to go there and experience that and we couldn't be there for you. I seriously know about how fast things happen and you don't know. There was once that Titan fell off the bed in the trailer. And once I was carrying the car seat with makell when she was little and she arched her back and she fell out the top on her head. You are not bad parents, things just happen.

Andrea said...

You could say thats not the beast way to start out! But, if it makes you feel any better all of us moms have done something like that! And atleast Avery is ok! Hang in there! It will get better, and hey look on the bright side, at least your close to decent shopping now!!!! I'm jealous!

Andrea said...

You could say thats not the beast way to start out! But, if it makes you feel any better all of us moms have done something like that! And atleast Avery is ok! Hang in there! It will get better, and hey look on the bright side, at least your close to decent shopping now!!!! I'm jealous!

Chante said...

Oh I am so sorry! How scary to be in a new place plus have all those awful things happen! I am going to call you! Plus, you are now only 5 hrs 45 min away from me! We can visit each other! It is still way far! Anyways, I hope all goes well and we will chat one of these days!

Linds said...

Oh my gosh Savannah! You had quite the first couple of days huh?!? Poor little Avery...don't worry, I'm sure it has happened to more of us than we would like to admitt! Well we miss you! Keep me posted on new happenings in the life of the "VEGAS FOISY'S"

jaesi said...

oh poor Avery! I hate putting infant seats in shopping carts for that reason!
Good luck with adjusting....hopefully no more break ins!

Kat said...

K that is all brutal, I am so sorry! It is hard enough to move period and then to have all of these things on top of it. That is so scary about Avery! I am glad that she is okay. I hate putting the carseat on the cart, some they fit and some they don't. I can't imagine looking over and seeing it lay face down on the road. And the break in, that sucks! Good luck...it can only get better from here.=)

Andrew and Cori said...

Oh, Savannah! Remind yourself that it can't get worse- now it can only get better. I'm also sad you are gone already... they dropped off my new V.T. route. Your name was just crossed off, not taken off. I felt my face fall when I looked at it. Cheer up; it's only two hours away!

Erin said...

I bet you just wanted to get in that car and drive back to st. george. Hopefully everything is getting a lot better though. I miss classes together too. Man at least you finished. I am proud.

Nicole said...

I hope you will start to like it here a little more once you get to know more people and get use to it. Believe me I was like you and didn't like it here at first, now I actually do like it. I'm so glad your here. Sorry you've had a rough start it will get better :)

The Grantham Family said...

Wow girl. You are a trooper! Hang in there. It is hard to call a new place home, when it doesn't feel like it at all. I know the feeling. When we moved to Boise, I was a hater but thank goodness for the church and a great neighborhood and now we are loving it here! I am thinking of you and glad all is well with your babe. What a scare.

Emily Harper said...

Hey girl! What a crazy time! I hope that everything has calmed down for you! My brother in law just graduated from Dental school in Vegas and now they are moving to Iowa for him to specialize in childrens dentistry. I'm sure my sister would love to help answer any questions you have! You look awesome girl!

Kelly said...

Savannah! I miss you guys so much. Like you said - we should've hung out more while you were here. I hope you'll come see us at church soon! I can't believe Avery is almost crawling - she is SO cute! I'm glad everything is okay with her - and like others have said - things like that happen to everyone so don't beat yourself up over it.

Hopefully life is getting better each day. Change is always hard - but you definitely have good things ahead of you!

Oh - and btw - Brandi had her baby last week - Presley! She's darling.

Anonymous said...

Savannah! I can't believe you guys moved so fast! I tried to get in touch with you before you moved, but I am sure it was crazy for you. I feel bad we didn't get together before you were gone. I will really miss you!!! Avery is soooo cute!!!

ashley said...

So you guys have moved! Oh I feel for ya even though you are still so close to home:) I had a really hard time adjusting it was major culture shock for me! But hey you have lived through a husband off to war twice I can't even imagine that you should ne able to get through anything now!

Erik and Savannah

Erik and Savannah
We are cheesy!!

us again!

us again!